Scroggins, Texas

Timmy Young is now going by Timmy Young Driveway Seal Coating.

I could tell this guy was a *** artist about 30 seconds in to our first conversation. I was really wanting some repair work done, so I fell for his ***.

We discussed some asphalt repair and sealing my driveway. He was really pushing to get me to do the sealer on the spot. I told him the neighbors had problems in the past with people in the asphalt business showing up and never completing their jobs nor doing what they said they were going to do and I wanted the entire job done before I paid him. He showed up two days later and I let him proceed with the sealing job. I asked him if it would be better to do the asphalt repair before he sealed and he said he would reseal and touch up after he did the repairs the next day or the following day.

He started blowing my driveway off and I grabbed my blower to help. There were a number of areas that had sand/mud built up. I started scrapping one area that was about 6'x6' to get rid of the sand and mud. He told me that wasn't necessary. I told him it would just come right off if we didn't clean it up, to which he responded, "You trying to tell me how to do my job." (Note: this guy has been practicing his BS responses for a long time and is good at "working you"). I knew the asphalt needed to be cleaned thoroughly before applying a sealant and I should have told him to hit the road right them.

I have a large driveway and could tell he had run out of sealant before he was done. Near the end he was just spraying a light coat trying to make it look sprayed. He finally completely ran out before finishing. I should have paid him half the agreed amount and told him I would pay the rest when he finished. Looking back now I should not have paid him a dime. All the areas he sprayed over sand and caked dirt blew off when I was blowing leaves 4 days later. My driveway just looks like a splotchy mess now.

Needless to say he never showed back up. I've tried to call him 5 times and left messages with no return phone calls.

He's nothing but a ripoff artist. If you ever have someone sealing your driveway and they don't thoroughly clean it before doing so, they are ripping you off.

The entire job took about an hour with about 20 minutes spent blowing the driveway.

Timmy Young is a fast talker and a total liar. I've been ripped off very few times in my life, but he got me for $575. What a total waste of money! At least I didn't pay him the $875 which was the total job including patch repair.

I also wonder if the stuff he is spraying is actually an asphalt sealant. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some home brewed concoction that just makes you driveway look black - either that or he might be watering it down.

His current phone number is 903-556-5212.

Note: the photo shows one area where the sealant just blew away when I was blowing leaves 4 days later. Like I said, you can't seal asphalt over dirt. The "expert" Timmy disagrees.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "total ripoff" of timmy young asphalt paving asphalt paving service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $575. Timmy Young Asphalt Paving needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned timmy young asphalt paving asphalt paving service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Timmy Young Asphalt Paving.

Had an Experience with Timmy Young Asphalt Paving?

Comments

Can I talk to you about this?